- Go to jquery.com and download the latest jQuery library to your desktop. You want to get the compressed production version, not the development version.
- Open SharePoint Designer (SPD) and connect to the root level of your site’s site collection.
- In SPD, open the “Style Library” folder.
- Create a folder named “Scripts” inside of the Style Library.
- Open your master page file in SPD.
- Within the <head> tag of the master page, add a script reference to the jQuery library just above the content place holder named “PlaceHolderAdditonalPageHead” (and above your custom CSS references, if applicable) as follows:
- Immediately after the jQuery library reference add a script reference to your custom scripts file as follows: